News and Publications of Notre Dame de Sion

Sion Student Media

Sion Student Media

Sion Student Media

Looking Ahead: Sion Olympics

Scream team announces Sion Olympics judges and games, and students decorate halls for their country.

Scream team led a pep assembly Feb. 15 to announce the details of the upcoming sion Olympics, which will take place Feb. 23.

Scream team leaders Maya Neenan and Ella Alexander first announced the four judges for the competition: math teacher Reynold Middleton, admissions director Katherine Glatz, history teacher Richard Shrock and athletics director Kate Pilgreen.

Students then watched videos explaining the Sion Olympics games that students will participate in next week.

Scream team and student volunteers also demonstrated the final game, a complicated relay involving  scooter racing, potato sweeping and JustDance among other competitions.

To finish off the event, students separated to decorate their designated hallways like their grade’s representative country.

Seniors decorated the Grand Salle for the United States, juniors decorated the atrium like Brazil, sophomores decorated the humanities hallway like Sweden and the freshmen decorated the South Six like Madagascar.

Students can sign up for the relay here, all other activities will take volunteers during the event.

LEAVE A COMMENT
About the Contributor
Claire Boma
Claire Boma, Managing Editor
Claire Boma is a senior and managing editor for Le Journal. When not at school you can find her reading in bed or bugging her parents. Claire loves to travel but has no specific dream destination in mind. She has an unhealthy obsession with goldfish and her favorite flavors are rainbow (yes they are a flavor) and cheddar blasted. Her unpopular opinion is that school subjects do not have colors.   

Comments (0)

All Le Journal Live Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *