News and Publications of Notre Dame de Sion

Sion Student Media

Sion Student Media

Sion Student Media

Review of Popular Trader Joe’s Products

An honest review of five of Trader Joe’s popular products.

Trader Joe’s is a grocery store full of original and unique products and healthy foods. I personally don’t go very often, so I wanted to review some of their popular products and things that caught my eye. 

★★★☆☆
(PHOTO | Bridget Bendorf)
  1. Waffle Cone Tips

These cone things are a unique product of Trader Joe’s, however I have seen them in other places. They are supposed to resemble the end of an ice cream cone, though I didn’t feel like they were very special. These bite sized snacks consisted of dark chocolate inside of a mini cone and reminded me of Milano cookies. They were delicious, but were not life-changing. 

★★★★☆
(PHOTO | Bridget Bendorf)
  1. Cookies and Creme Covered Pretzels 

This product was on the new items shelf so I knew I should try it. These pretzels were the perfect mix of sweet and salty and would be a great small snack if you are craving something sweet and salty. These were very enjoyable and I would definitely buy them again. 

★★★★☆
(PHOTO | Bridget Bendorf)
  1. Steamed Chicken Soup Dumplings

This meal is a convenient option to bring to school or work, taking about five to six minutes to cook. These dumplings are a perfect meal for a rainy day or for when you are craving warm soup. The tender chicken in the middle is super flavorful accompanied by the broth with it too. The flavors compliment each other without one overpowering the other.

★★★★★
(PHOTO | Bridget Bendorf)
  1. Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips

These chips are a perfect snack if you’re looking for a slight kick of spice into your regular chips. The chips were the perfect amount of spicy without killing your mouth. These are a super popular product at Trader Joes and I would definitely recommend them.

★★★★★
  1. Orange Chicken Bowl

This bowl is a full meal that consists of peas, carrots, broccoli, fried rice, and chicken. It has 28 grams of protein and is a great meal. It took about four and a half minutes to heat up but you could hardly even tell it was microwaved. The chicken was delicious and the vegetables and rice went perfectly with the orange chicken sauce.

LEAVE A COMMENT
About the Contributor
Bridget Bendorf
Bridget Bendorf, Social Media Intern
Junior Bridget Bendorf is a first-year staffer. Her favorite TV show is Modern Family and her favorite movie is Mean Girls. Her favorite colors are blue, pink, and orange, and her guilty pleasure is buying random things from Target. Her top celebrity crushes are Milo Manheim, Drew Starkey, and Jesse Williams. Her biggest pet peeve is repetitive noises and people who don't use their turn signals. Her favorite artists are Taylor Swift, Noah Kahan, and Mac Demarco. Her favorite Sion tradition is the Junior Ring Ceremony.  

Comments (0)

All Le Journal Live Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *